PhytoScience Dispensary: the 5th Vermont dispensary
The PhytoScience Institute (PSI) is honored to have received the 5th state issued Medical Marijuana dispensary license in Vermont. We thank the Department of Public Safety for the opportunity to serve the patient population in the State. We see this opportunity as a privilege and a very serious responsibility.
To expand access to medical cannabis patients across the state, we plan to open dispensaries in Bennington and St. Albans.
This is our promise: We will deliver consistent, reliable and affordable products of the highest quality and we will deliver the best patient-centric care. The well-being of our patients drives our cultivation practices and product development. We will run an organization that shows deep consideration of our employees, the communities where we work, the citizens of Vermont, and the environment.
We plan to collaborate with the four existing Vermont dispensaries – Champlain Valley, Grassroots Vermont, Vermont Patients Alliance, and Southern Wellness – to collectively build upon their strong foundation and Vermont’s reputation as a world-class center of excellence in cannabis research and education.
Where will PhytoScience Institute's Dispensaries be located?
Phytoscience Institute plans to open dispensaries in Bennington and St. Albans. Both towns are located in geographic areas of Vermont that are currently underserved. It is our priority to expand access to high quality, affordable medical cannabis to patients across the state.
When will PhytoScience Institute's Dispensaries Open?
We plan to open the doors of our Bennington dispensary in December 2017. Our St. Albans location will open in spring 2018. To stay up to date with our progress, please sign up for our mailing list here.
What products will PhytoScience Institute Dispensaries Offer?
We are committed to offering the highest quality products. Our products will be consistent, reliable, and affordable. We will also offer knowledgeable counseling and advice to help you select the products that are most appropriate for your your symptoms. Our menu will include:
• cured cannabis flower | loose & pre-rolled
• premium CO2 extracts | vape pens & concentrates
• tinctures & capsules
• premium edibles |ba ked goods, infused oils, & confections
Will PhytoScience Institute Dispensaries deliver medical cannabis products?
Yes, we will offer delivery service to registered patients who select us as their dispensary.
When will PhytoScience Institute Dispensaries begin accepting patients?
We will be able to accept patients soon. Please visit this site again for announcements or sign up for our mailing list here.
Who can become a Patient?
For information regarding the Vermont Marijuana Registry please visit http://medicalmarijuana.vermont.gov/
A patient may qualify for the use of medical cannabis in the State of Vermont if they are suffering from the following conditions or symptoms:
• Multiple Sclerosis
• Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)
• Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS)
• Cachexia or wasting syndrome
• Severe nausea
• Chronic pain
• Crohn’s Disease
• Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
• Parkinson’s Disease
How can I become a patient?
Becoming a registered patient in Vermont is a simple, but multistep process. Once your registration materials have been submitted the approval process take up to 30 days. Below is a breakdown of the steps:
1. Learn about the program.
If you are interested in becoming a registered medical cannabis patient in Vermont, please the Vermont Marijuana Registry Website. The Department of Public Safety administers the Vermont Marijuana Registry and is the go to source for any questions. On their website you will find registration instructions and all required forms.
2. Consult with your primary care physician.
Medical cannabis may offer significant relief to people suffering from chronic pain and debilitating conditions. It is important to talk with your primary care physician and discuss your condition before adding medical cannabis to your health and wellness routine. It is also a requirement of the State of Vermont. If you and your physician decide that medical cannabis might be beneficial to you, have your primary care physician complete the Health Care Verification Form.
3. Register as a new patient with the State of Vermont.
One you and your primary care physician decide to move forward with registration, you can complete the Patient Application Form. This form has seven sections:
• Patient Information
• Dispensary Designation: Under Vermont law, you may only select one dispensary. If you would like to to be able to purchase medical cannabis products from PhytoScience Dispensary, please designate us as your preferred dispensary.
• Dispensary Communication & Delivery: Choose whether or not to share your contact information with your selected dispensary.
• Cultivation: If you plan to cultivate marijuana plants, be sure to fill out this section completely.
• Patient Acknowledgments
• Patient Photo Requirements
• Patient Signature
If you would like to designate a caregiver, or someone who is at least 21 years of age, who has met eligibility requirements determined by the VMR, and who has agreed to undertake responsibility for managing the well-being of you, the registered patient, with respect to the use of marijuana for symptom relief, be sure to fill out the optional section "Registered Caregiver Designation".
If you have been diagnosed with PTSD, you must also submit a completed "Mental Health Care Provider Form".
Once all sections are completely filled in mail your completed application and non-refundable $50 application fee (check or money order) to:
Department of Public Safety
45 State Drive
Waterbury, VT 05671-1300
Finally, don't forget to email a digital photo to email@example.com.
4. Once approved, set up an appointment to visit PhytoScience Institute Dispensary.
Please call us at 802.917.8294 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment. Our highly trained dispensers will guide you through your first visit, answer any questions you may have, and help you select the products that are most appropriate for your needs.
Please be sure to bring your Vermont Medical Registry identification card and your government-issued ID.
Is there anything else I need to know?
Four other important things to know:
1. All patients must have a locking container or box when transporting cannabis from a dispensary. New patients may purchase a locking container from us or bring their own.
2. Patients must have an appointment to visit the dispensary. Drop ins will be turned away.
3. Patient registration must be renewed annually.
4. We do not accept credit and debit cards at this time. Please come prepared with cash, check, or money order.