POSITION POSTING - EXTRACTION TECHNICIAN
Job Title: Extraction Technician
Details: Full Time
Location: Waterbury, Vermont
To Apply: Email cover letter, resume & three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include job title in the subject line. No phone calls please.
PhytoScience Institute (PSI), the fifth licensed medical Cannabis dispensary in Vermont, is seeking an experienced Extraction Technician for our Nutraceutical Science Laboratories team. Our laboratory provides potency testing and bio-botanical extraction services for both the medical marijuana and hemp industries. We are committed to delivering high quality medical products to Vermont patients. We run an organization that shows deep consideration for its employees, for the communities where we work, and for the environment. We are looking for a Extraction Technician who shares our values.
The Extraction Technician will maintain chain of custody for samples; perform diagnostic chemical testing of cannabis products for potency and safety; execute bio-botanical extraction, winterization, and decarboxylation protocols for cannabinoids and terpenes; conduct analyses and report results. They will also assist in cleaning and maintenance of laboratory facilities and equipment. A standout candidate will have a degree from an accredited 4-year institution in Organic Chemistry, or another scientific degree with at least 2-years of hands-on laboratory experience.
To apply please submit cover letter and resume with (3) references to email@example.com.
- A degree (B.S.,B.A., or M.S.) in Organic Chemistry or another related scientific degree with at least 2-years of hands-on laboratory experience.
- Experience working as part of a team in a laboratory setting.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and solve practical problems.
- Personal transportation, a valid driver’s license, and a clean driving record.
- Must successfully pass a criminal record check with the Vermont Crime Information Center.
- Experience in bio-botanical extractions, winterization, and distillations.
- Experience in chromatographic analysis of chemicals.
- Understanding of chain of custody protocols for sample handling.
- Knowledge of cannabinoid and terpene chemistry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This posting is for a full time (40 hours/week) Extraction Technician. Hours may vary and may include evenings and/or weekends. The Extraction Technician will be responsible for:
- Receiving, labeling and maintaining chain of custody for samples.
- Performing diagnostic chemical testing of cannabis products for potency and safety.
- Assisting in inter-laboratory proficiency testing and quality assurances for laboratory protocols.
- Bio-botanical extraction, winterization, and decarboxylation of cannabis for cannabinoids and terpenes.
- Maintain organizational documents and logs.
- Assisting in cleaning and maintenance of laboratory facilities and equipment.
- Adhering to company mission and core values while maintaining high ethical standards and professionalism.
Authority and Supervision:
- The Extraction Technician shall work as part of the team with other Laboratory Technicians and Interns.
- The Laboratory Technician will be supervised by the Senior Laboratory Manager.
$35,000-$55,000 base-salary depending on credentials and experience, with performance-based bonuses and competitive benefits (including health care, up to 30 days of paid time off, and flex time).