POSITION POSTING - SENIOR LABORATORY MANAGER
Job Title: Senior Laboratory Manager
Details: Part or Full Time
Location: Waterbury, Vermont
To Apply: Email cover letter, resume & three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include job title in the subject line. No phone calls please.
PhytoScience Institute (PSI), the fifth licensed medical Cannabis dispensary in Vermont, is seeking an experienced Senior Laboratory Manager for our Nutraceutical Science Laboratories team. Our laboratory provides potency testing and bio-botanical extraction services for both the medical marijuana and hemp industries. We are committed to delivering high quality medical products to Vermont patients. We run an organization that shows deep consideration for its employees, for the communities where we work, and for the environment. We are looking for a Senior Laboratory Manager who shares our values.
The Senior Laboratory Manager will oversee the successful operation of our laboratory. They will supervise day to day activities in the laboratory and manage a professional team of dedicated employees. The Senior Laboratory Manager will also be responsible for regulatory compliance, certifications, overseeing quality control protocols, negotiation of client contracts, communications, and ensuring that laboratory facilities and equipment are well maintained. A standout candidate will have an advanced degree (Masters or Ph.D.) and/or 4-years of experience in Organic Chemistry or a related scientific field, experience managing and motivating employees, and the ability to coordinate multiple complex projects.
To apply please submit cover letter and resume with (3) references to email@example.com.
SENIOR LABORATORY MANAGER
- An advanced degree (Masters or Ph.D.) in Organic Chemistry or a related scientific field, and/or 4 or more years of experience in a scientific laboratory.
- Experience managing and motivating staff at a professional level in a laboratory or business with multiple employees.
- Experience managing operations within a regulated industry.
- Skills in analysis, presentation, and reporting of scientific results.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to foster collaborations.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and solve practical problems.
- Personal transportation, a valid driver’s license, and a clean driving record.
- Must successfully pass a criminal record check with the Vermont Crime Information Center.
- Experience in bio-botanical extractions, winterization, and distillations.
- Experience in chromatographic analysis of chemicals.
- Understanding of the ISO 17025 accreditation process.
- Experience establishing and following chain of custody for sample handling.
- Demonstrated knowledge of cannabinoid and terpene chemistry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This posting is for a part or full time (25 - 40 hours/week) Senior Laboratory Manager. Hours may vary. The Senior Laboratory Manager will be responsible for:
- Hiring and managing employees, and supervising their day to day activities in the laboratory.
- Maintaining organizational compliance with VT state rules.
- Overseeing protocols and certifications including ISO 17025 accreditation, inter-laboratory proficiency testing, and quality assurances.
- Participating in research and development, including collaborations with the University, writing up reports, and presenting results at meetings and conferences.
- Keeping organizational documents and logs compliant and updated.
- Negotiation of client contracts and communications with clients.
- Supervising chain of custody for sample handling.
- Ensuring that laboratory facilities and equipment are well maintained.
- Maintaining a safe and secure work place; managing security protocols and immediate responses to security breaches.
- Adhering to company mission and core values while maintaining high ethical standards and professionalism.
Authority and Supervision:
- The Senior Laboratory Manager shall directly supervise Extraction Technicians, Laboratory Interns, and administrative support staff, to ensure that they are fulfilling their responsibilities.
- The Senior Laboratory Manager will be supervised by the Medical Director.
$60,000-$100,000 base salary with performance-based bonuses and competitive benefits (including health care, up to 30 days of paid time off, and flex time).